Hihihi I forgot to write a post last month but here's another cosplay tutorial to make up for it ><!
I don't know if any of you reading this knows but one of my first cosplans of the year is to cosplay the character from Daoko's MV: Girl.
This time instead of making it, I decided to buy almost all of the cosplay, excluding the wand, due to time constraint.
And I had to crack my head to think of a way to make the wand, I wasn't going to go into 3D printing or something fancy...it was difficult.
But my sudden spark of geniusness helped me create it! (Lol) here's the tutorial:
Materials/Tools you will need:
*paper/polystyrene balls (20mm)
*bandage (secret ingredient!!)
1) draw a rough sketch of the base of the wand on paper, for reference, I wanted mine to be around an A4 sized paper long:
2) take the paper balls and skewer them through your bamboo skewer so it looks like this (be sure to leave space at the top of the skewer to stick the star on!):
3) use a roll of bandage to wrap around the balls (excluding the second ball) untill it becomes this shape:
4) then use masking tape to wrap around the parts you've just bandaged.
5) use newspaper to paper mache at least 3 layers, to the same two parts of the wand you've put masking tape on, and then, when dried, apply the gesso (which also might need more than one layer)
6) and tada~ your base for the wand is done!
7) you can then mix up some pink paint and colour it but I decided to colour it after making the star part of the wand
1) print and cut out the template for the star. I used the original image and made the image 20cm wide on Word and then printed it out.
2) put your template onto the craft foam, trace and cut. (Use a sharp craft knife for a sharper edges/finish, I was lazy and hence I had rough edges on the inside of my star.)
3) cut strips of the craft foam, about 1.8cm wide, and use the hot glue gun to glue the strips to the inside of one of the star, as shown:
(Careful not to put too much glue on as it will come out of the edges and give you an unclean finish, if it does happen, try pull some of it away when its warm, or, cut it away using a craft knife when cooled)
4) then take your other star, and carefully stick the inner part of the star onto strip of the other star (lol hope this makes sense), so it looks like this:
5) stick all the edges together, leaving a gap on the inner corners of one of the star to stick the skewer into. Like this:
Feel free to comment if you have any questions~
Hope you found this tutorial helpful and happy cosplaying! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ